Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I need to improve on my photography

When I started this blog, it was a casual record of the places I have gone to and the food that I have had the fortune to sample. My first "camera" was a part time one - my trusty Nokia e71 which has a 3.2 mega pixel camera. Unfortunately, as you can see from the results below, it does have several limitations.

Teochew claypot porridge 潮州沙锅粥

After a few more attempts of photography ended up with blurry photos, I swapped over to the Panasonic D-Snap SV-AS10 which is an excellent compact camera which could fit on my pocket quite handily. This gave me mixed results. But I reckon its more to do with my pathetic photography skills than with the camera. Although, again, given the poor light conditions in most restaurants I patronize, the Panasonic D-Snap is being challenged a fair bit too.

So the bad carpenter goes off to find a new tool to blame. And this time, I am armed with a Panasonic DMC-TZ15. Let's see how this works out.

2 comments:

  1. Every blogger will sooner or later realize that they need a camera, they buy a camera, then upgrade to a better one. Then they find that their skill sucks, so they go and learn how to take nice pics. Then they realize that sometimes it's not their fault the pics suck and they learn up photoshopping skills, then they realize they suck at photoshop too, if they're rich, they take up photoshop classes...then the list of their inabilities goes on. lmao.

    I need a camera. Time to go and extort it from my dad...the only gadget that I dont have. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. I already figured that a. its not the camera's fault, I suck at photography, and b. its not the computer's fault either, I suck at photoshop. sigh

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Friendly Links

Page Rank Checker blogarama - the blog directory Shnicky's Blog living in Shenzhen Travel Top Blogs restaurants Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Travel blogsThe no-nonsense China expat and traveller community. Everything you need to know about travelling to China; living, teaching and working in China; and learning Chinese.
Dmegs Web Directory Train your Dog here. This site is listed under China Directory VOTE for ME on BLOG VILLAGE Search Engine Submission - AddMe Blog search directory EatonWeb Blog Directory